Embroidery digitizing is a unique type of embroidery that allows for a large room for creativity. However, creativity alone does not guarantee success and uniqueness. The following is part of the things and skills required in embroidery digitizing;
- Maximum understanding of the materials and equipment-the basics of how the embroidery machine works is key. There is a lot that is involved with the embroidery machine as one needs to know how to place the needles, choice of threads and fabrics and how to maintain the tensions in the threads and bobbin.
- Technical information and knowledge in embroidery digitizing-the different types of stiches, when and how they are used is part of the information a person must know. The different measurements used is also key and should be mastered.
- Software know how– it is through the software that all the different designs, arts and ideas are executed. A person needs to know how to navigate around the software to create shapes, stitch types, density automatically. One should be able to edit and add effects as desired to bring out the anticipated final look
- Experience in design analysis– this allows a person to examine the embroidery digitizing software and make any necessary adjustments if any is required. A person is able to view the designs and make judgment on them and make any corrections required.
- Ability to document-after the person has done the analysis, they are able to document the ideas and designs. This acts as a way of showing clients the different varieties giving them options to choose from. It also allows the embroiderer to perfect their skills too. This is done by aiming to design even better designs using the documented work as guide. Documentation allows one to gauge if they are growing or not. The saved documents acts as a reminder that better work should be done to ensure maximum and effective growth.